The Church adheres to and teaches the London Baptist Confession of faith of 1689. All candidates for membership shall adhere to the following declaration:-
- That the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament are given by the inspiration of God and are the only rule of faith and practice.
- That there are three self-existent co-equal and co-eternal Persons in the Godhead and that these three are one God; viz the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.
- That our Lord Jesus Christ is very God and very man in one glorious complex Person.
- That God created Adam upright but he fell by disobedience and all his posterity fell in him, he being the federal head and representative of all mankind.
- That the Lord Jesus Christ in the fullness of time became incarnate and that He really suffered and died as the substitute for sinners.
- That the justification of sinners is solely by faith through the atoning merits of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
- That the work of the Holy Spirit is necessary in the regeneration and conversion of sinners.
- That there will be a resurrection of the dead both of the just and the unjust, the just being raised to honour and the unjust to dishonour.
- That Christ will come a second time to judge the quick and the dead, when He will consign the wicked to everlasting punishment and introduce His own people into His Kingdom and glory where they shall be ever with him.
- That it is the privilege and duty of all professed believers to bear personal witness to Christ as Saviour and Lord, both by life and by lip.
John 3 v 16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life"